We kicked off the new course with some great material. Things are moving quickly at the moment, and there’s a lot to cover. We’ll use this blog to add resources, ideas, and follow-up readings for everyone to share.
In our first class, we spent a little time on the question: why do we need a new science of global health delivery? We drew on ideas from our Global Health Delivery Project colleagues to explain what a better understanding of the delivery challenge entails:
- Understanding health care delivery as a complex, multidimensional phenomenon
- A focus on the whole and the parts
- Data-driven design of outcomes focused health care systems
- Pragmatic focus on dissemination of innovative health care delivery models
- Frameworks that identify context-specific and context-independent factors affecting health care delivery
We’ll build up our understanding in each of these areas as we go. And in so doing, we’ll draw on existing theory, models, and frameworks that may help in the task. What readings, ideas, and resources might be helpful in this area? Please post a comment!